Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Day 29- CST

What a workout. Today was tricky, but so worth it. I really did NOT want to get up today, thanks to being in my own bed for the first time since Thursday night. But I pushed myself up and into the workout. I'm so glad I did. I felt great afterward. Admittely, depression is something I've struggled with for awhile now and the exercise truly does help.

We did our measurements today instead of yesterday due to traveling. I've gone from around 147 lbs to around 139. (I'm 5'8.) That made me happy, but even more so was my body fat percentage. I've gone from 21.8 to 19.9. It's a small step, but it's an improvement. David has seen great strides too, more than he thought was possible based on his perception of his appearance.

In other non-P90X news, I have a job interview tomorrow in the KC area. I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but they contacted me rather than me contacting them. So, that's a good sign. I had to go buy a new suit today. I'm still a little bit too heavy for my old suit, which I love and miss. But I've lost enough weight that my newer suit is too big. I look like I'm swimming in it. So we went to Penney's today and I spent more than I wanted. That's usual though.

Also, we went to Longhorn after shopping, hoping for some good salads. David ordered a salad with salmon and I had a strawberry and chicken salad. We were both gravely disappointed. I don't eat seafood anyway, but I could tell just by appearance that David's fish was overcooked and saturated with oil. This is supposed to be grilled. My salad was better than David's but still not great. My chicken was burned and a little bit fatty. There's nothing worse than biting into a piece of chicken or steak and coming up with a hunk of fat.

We're making Italian meatloaf from the nutrition plan tonight. We've already got it in the oven and it smells delicious. We're headed back to my parents tomorrow so I can go to the interview and then crash for the night. I'm anxious, but ready for the change. Won't be doing Plyo until the afternoon/evening so we can get out early tomorrow. Looking forward to it, even though it's my least favorite.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Nikki! You rocked the first phase with some great measurements!! You are really doing great and obviously working hard. Glad to hear ya'll are just as diligent about eating healthy.

    We'll be thinking of you tomorrow... good luck on the interview!!

    Oh- I'm anxious to hear how that meatloaf turned out!!

    ReplyDelete